Dr. Steven Leath became the 15th president of Iowa State University in January 2012. He leads the university that educates more than 36,000 students, employs 6,300 faculty and staff, and belongs to the Association of American Universities (AAU).
President Leath’s dynamic agenda is raising Iowa State’s status as one of the top land-grant institutions in the country by enhancing efforts associated with the university’s mission of education, research, and service. As such, it is providing a fertile partnership opportunities for organizations across a broad spectrum of industries.
President Leath’s strategic initiatives include:
- Maintaining and improving the high quality student educational experience that the university is known for,
- Strengthening the university’s scholarly reputation,
- Broadening its research enterprise,
- Expanding its economic development programs and activities for the state of Iowa, and
- Increasing diversity among students, faculty, and staff.
He also has placed major emphasis on enhancing the university’s nationally recognized 1,700-acre central campus and its public art collection, which is one of the largest among U.S. public universities.