Iowa Innovation Corporation announced it will be holding a SBIR Small Business Innovation Research workshop in Ames on March 8, 2018 at the ISU Memorial Union. The workshop will introduce high-tech entrepreneurs and University Researches to the SBIR Small Business Innovation program. SBIR offers federal funding support for innovative research and development projects that meet specific agency needs.
This workshop will provide a brief introduction to the SBIR/STTR programs (SBIR/STTR program structure and eligibility criteria). The workshop will then focus on value-added strategies for improving SBIR/STTR proposal success rates. In particular, there will be a focus on:
- Optimizing federal agency/sub-agency/topic selection to take advantage of significant disparities in funding success rates
- Strategies for assessing the fundability of technologies
- Understanding federal agencies and tailoring projects to make them more attractive a given federal agency/sub-agency
- Avoiding pitfalls frequently encounter by applicants more familiar with academic proposals
- General strategies for improving SBIR/STTR success rates.
A limited number of afternoon 30-minute, one-on-one meetings, will be available in the afternoon with the workshop host to provide tailored answers to company specific questions.
The cost of the workshop is FREE includes lunch.
For additional information, please contact: Anne Price firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, visit the event website here.